Monday, June 7, 2010

Walking in Wiltshire

It was half term holidays last week and we did a couple of day trips. First was a visit to Caen Hill Locks which are on the Kennet and Avon Canal in Wiltshire. There are 29 locks over a distance of 2 miles. All the locks are manually operated and I was glad that I was on foot and not in a boat, it took the boats hours to get through.

Looking down from the top of the hill



Looking up the hill



Lock gate



Canal Boat



Not just locks and boats



My husband spotted this sign



Do you think he's trying to tell me something?

Next stop was



and a l-o-n-g walk to the top of the hill





Time to rest



Made it!



Views from the top





Close up view of horse's head




~A

1 comment:

Patsy Long said...

Beautiful. It looks so peaceful there...and so green. I'd be exhausted if I had to walk up that hill.